Week 1 Discussion: The First Total War
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
• Textbook: Chapter 2, 4
• Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
World War I is different from most other wars in that it was not a direct result of aggression by one entity towards another, notwithstanding the assassination of Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand by Serbian elements. Instead, it was the consequence of a number of forces amidst a disruption of the tenuous balance of power in Europe.
For the initial post, select and address one of the following:
• Option 1: Identify two forces that lead to WWI. Examine how they contributed to the outbreak of war.
• Option 2: Select a major battle such as Verdun, Marne, Ypres, or the Somme and chronicle that battle. Add further details about the battles.
o What was the main strategy? What were they trying to accomplish?
o How did leaders influence and mobilize troops?
o What were the main consequences of the result?
• Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
• APA format for in-text citations and list of references
Type of Service: Academic Paper Writing
Type of Assignment: Coursework
Academic level: Sophomore(college 2nd year)
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English