What you are required to do in this assignment
You have been provided with an edited subset of survey data collected and analysed by YouGov plc. for The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and The Adecco Group. The data was collected between the dates of 25/03/2020 to 07/04/2020.
The research department of a university business school has undertaken some consultancy work for the Government. The Government is interested in assessing the impact of Brexit on UK organisation’s recruitment processes and making a comparison between the public sector and the private sector.
The Government is therefore interested in examining whether organisations are planning to grow or shrink their workforce, where the potential markets for new staff are seen to be, and whether a new points based immigration system would be seen as problematic in operation.
- Analyse data on both private sector and the public sector.
a. Explore the data provided in order to gain an understanding of the information required by the Government.
b. Select the questions you wish to analyse to provide the information required.
c. Analyse the data for your selected questions using appropriate summary statistic in a spreadsheet.
d. Highlight interesting findings.
e. Make recommendations to the Government about the possible impact of Brexit and the proposed new immigration system on organisations.
- Present your work in the form of a report in Word. Submit your analysis in an Excel file which could be used for further investigation.
• Extract the required data and place it a new Excel file.
• Familiarise yourself with the data by using Excel’s facilities like sorting, filtering, pivot table, etc.
• Pick particular aspects that you want to conduct further, more detailed analysis on.
• Conduct a visual examination of the data by plotting appropriate charts.
• Calculate some standard statistics (e.g., mean, median, mode, range, standard deviation, etc.).
• Conduct additional analysis that you feel is appropriate to address the tasks
What is needed to pass?
• Demonstrate competence in a range of skills in Excel including charting and use of functions
• Select appropriate techniques to explore and summarise a given dataset
• Highlight and communicate results to the relevant audience
How does one produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
We will be filling this section in together in class on Click or tap to enter a date. make sure you have downloaded/printed out the Assignment Brief and bring it to the session with you.
Week commencing 3rd May 2021
How does assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
Every week we will be using Excel in the workshop sessions to enhance your skills in Excel. We will cover Excel facilities like sorting, filtering, pivot tables, charting, etc. We will also use Excel’s functions such as Sum, Average, Min, Max, etc. In addition, we will practice creating formulae in Excel.
Type of service: Academic Paper Writing
Type of assignment: Report
Number of Sources: 0
Academic level: GCSE /A Level
Paper Format: MLA
Line spacing: Single
Language style: US English