The assignment carries a possible 60% of the overall module weighting (available marks).
Develop a business case for applying a successful small scale (local) healthcare improvement to a wider large scale context (across your organisation, for example) within a setting of your choice. The business case must address the following areas, with reference to theory and frameworks/models applicable to healthcare:
• Current understanding of system/process: Approx. 300 words
• Rational and drivers for the improvement: Approx. 300 words
• Stakeholder analysis and engagement plan: Approx. 300 words
• Risk analysis (including potential for project failure): Approx. 300 words
• Expected benefits/impact/outcome: Approx. 300 words
• Approach/methods to be utilised: Approx. 500 words
• Evaluation plan: Approx. 500 words
Learning objectives to be assessed:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the requirement for service redesign and improvement and explore the associated evidence base for the application of industrial methods of service improvement.
- Critically appraise reasons for successful project delivery versus failure.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the drivers for service improvement and why some drivers are more important to some stakeholders than others.
- Critically evaluate the role of service redesign in largescale and local context.
Departmental guidelines on preparation and submission of coursework
• Assignments should be submitted in either MS Word or Open Office format unless stated otherwise on the assignment submission page
• Use standard margins: 1″ (2.5cm) on all sides.
• Use standard Arial 12-point font size.
• Use double-line spacing
• Pages should be numbered consecutively
Type of service: Academic Paper Writing
Type of assignment: Essay
Pages /words: 5/1375
Number of sources: 4
Academic level: HNC/HND
Paper format: Harvard
Line spacing: Double
Language style: UK English