Please also go through the ppt slide so you can see the classical texts and contemporary issues
In this essay you are expected to demonstrate that you can use (one or more) classical texts to interpret and analyse a contemporary (theoretical or practical) issue in international affairs.
All essays must:
Engage with a contemporary issue in international politics
AND one or more classical texts
systematically cite academic literature – starting with the reading list
clearly answer the essay question
How can classical theory help us understand contemporary world politics?
2. If Europe is ‘Kantian’ and the USA is ‘Hobbesian’, what is the rest of the world?
3. Does the continuing importance of wars today prove Hobbes right?
4. Who is excluded from Hobbes’s assumptions about human nature? And what are the consequences for international theory?
5. How useful are ‘just war criteria’?
6. Is the War on Terror just?
7. Race is often overlooked. What strategies make that possible?
8. Is there a ‘color line’ in international politics today?
9. Is humanitarian intervention an effective means to end massive human rights violations?
10. If humanitarian interventions usually do not achieve their humanitarian aims, what do they achieve instead?
11. Are we confronted with a ‘clash of civilizations’?
12. Does the concept of ‘civilization’ contribute to eurocentrism or to pluralism in International Relations?
13. How does the international context affect the use and interpretation of Kautilya?
14. What role does the politics of knowledge play in shaping international relations?
15. In what ways could the classical concept of ‘All-under-heaven’ be applied to the current rise of China?
16. What kind of international order does the Chinese concept of ‘All-under-heaven’ promise – and would it be an improvement on the current states system?
17. How does the Chinese conception of human nature underpinning ‘All-under-heaven’ differ from its Western counterpart – and what implications does this have for political imagination?
18. Does the communist manifesto provide a satisfactory explanation for globalisation?
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of Assignment: Essay
Subject: Political science
Number of sources: 8
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: MLA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: UK English