Assessment type: coursework case study
Assessment weighting: 100%
Word limit: 3000 words
What to submit: a single Word or pdf document containing your essay and reference list
Case Study: sustainable and healthy urban food systems
The Milan Urban Food Policy Pact1 provides a framework for developing sustainable food systems, addressing food security and the promotion of healthy diets in urban areas. Using an urban area of your choice:
- (A) Outline the urban area that you have selected (Village, town, city), describe a whole systems approach to promoting a sustainable food system and the promotion of a healthy diet in your chosen population (locality). Outline your approach, using the different health promoting activities you would include, with examples. Justify your approach, including consideration of the underlying theoretical approaches and the responsibilities of the individual or the state, with reference to health promotion theory and literature (70%).
- (B) Suggest how the successful implementation and achievement of this particular policy might be demonstrated, including possible indicators, and how it should be evaluated (30%)
- Description of the context. Outline the urban area selected (name, population size and demographics, key characteristics of food and health system, key stakeholders, and relevant public health nutrition issues locally.
- Illustrate a whole systems approach.
• Critical appraisal of the basic concept and principles of the Milan Urban Food Policy Pact/Framework; some recognition of key policies on this subject over the past 20 years
• A description of the key actions recommended and why; knowledge of justification for some/all of the areas outlined in the action plan is provided;
• Consideration on how the theoretical focus of Policy in this area (topic) has shifted over time; including consideration of changes in emphasis of different approaches to health improvement (population and social change approach considering individualistic lifestyle change). using the 5 Approaches to health promotion framework; and/or a more detailed focus on, with an in depth appraisal of the international and national literature/evidence, for particular selected actions:
Type Of Service: Academic paper writing
Type of Assignment: Critical essay
Pages / word: 11/3000
Number of sources: N/A
Academic Level: Master’s
Paper format: APA
Line Spacing: Double
Language style: UK English