Task 1 (25 Marks)
A supermarket manager wanted to investigate the profile of shoppers resistant
to the use of self-checkout counters available at the store he manages and to
find out the reasons behind their resistance. He asks three of his staff to
conduct a survey among customers using the store in Sheffield Hallam area
during a quiet working day in October of 2019 as they exited the store.
The short questionnaire used for the survey as well as the data collected can
be found on an Excel file named “SCC”. There are two worksheets, one for
the questionnaire used and the other worksheet for the raw data collected
from the customers. The data worksheet has 18 columns. Column A
“Customer” is simply a column to identify the customer surveyed – Customer
1, Customer 2 etc… Each of the other 17 columns refer to a question –
Column B refers to the gender question, Column C refers to the age question
The manager has employed you as data analyst to conduct this investigation.
Your analysis should use the statistical facilities on Excel as required below.
- Label (show 5 rows) the codes for the categories of the following variables:
• Are you a regular user of self-checkout
Note to students:
There are FIVE tasks and you are expected to complete all of them.
You are required to transfer the work of all tasks on to a single wordprocessed MS Word file and upload it on Turnitin, which is the
submission of this assignment. The deadline for this assignment is
(Monday 2nd August 2021 before 3pm).
- Produce frequency and percentage frequency tables (using Pivot tables) for
each of the following variables:
• SCC user
• Spending (£) For this last quantitative variable, the categories should be as
- Draw the graphical representation for each of the following variables:
• Education (Pie chart)
• Age (Bar chart)
• Spending (Histogram) using the following categories:
• Spending (Box and whisker) graph
- Consider now the variable “Spending (£)”.
• Calculate the minimum, maximum, median, quartiles and the mean average
statistics (show Excel formulas).
Type Of Service: Math/Physic/Economic/Statistic Problems
Type Of Assignment: Calculation
Subject: Not defined
Pages / words: 5/1375
Number of sources: N/A
Academic Level: GCSE / A Level
Paper formating: N/A
Line Spacing: Double
Language style: UK English