Assignment 2 : Individual Assignment 50% – 2500 words
Consider a specific training programme that you are familiar with. This could be a training event you have attended, one you have delivered or one that you have researched extensively.
Critically evaluate how the design, implementation and evaluation of this programme has been influenced by contextual, organisational and theoretical factors.
Your assignment should demonstrate a critical understanding of:-
• Learning and development theories.
• Training evaluation methods.
• Diversity and ethical issues.
This assignment is about applying theory to practice. Do not simply describe the training event or the theory. You need to be critical and use theory to evaluate and analyse the training programme. Be prepared to challenge accepted ‘good practice’ and normative assumptions. For example, look for inconsistencies between how the organisation says it approaches HRD and how it works in practice.
• Demonstrates critical understanding of learning and development processes and practices. 40%
• Shows critical understanding of evaluation methods and how they can be applied successfully. 40%
• Demonstrates critical awareness of ethical and diversity issues. 10%
• Structure of the assignment, use of relevant theory and referencing. 10%
Learning outcomes addressed: 1,2,7,8
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Critical essay
Number of sources: 21
Academic level: Master’s
Paper format: Harvard
Line spacing: Double
Language style: UK English