Using the company selected for the first task that is listed on the FTSE 100 index, your discussion should outline the following:
- Identify the company dividend policy with brief comments
- Provide a critical discussion of the company’s dividend policy. You will be required to provide supporting evidence. The discussion should be supported by dividend policy theory. Please use one relevant theory only and make reference to a maximum of two journal articles.
Find and disclose 5 publicly listed companies on the FTSE 100 index with the largest dividend yield figure and briefly comments on the results.
Tips: Capital IQ dash board> screening > company screening > equity details > indices> choose FTSE 100 index (^UKX) and add criteria> search dividend yield> latest> add criteria> view results
Find and disclose your selected company and competitor’s latest dividend yield and briefly comments on the results.
Tips: Capital IQ dash board> Search your company> quick comps> add/edit display column and add company icon
Watch Exercise 2 videos in the useful guidance section: how to add criteria and company using add/edit function.
· 5 marks for being able to identify the selected company dividend policy with brief comments;
· 15 marks for a critical discussion of company dividend policy;
· 5 marks for correctly selecting companies in the FTSE all-share index with the largest dividend yield and brief comments;
· 5 marks for correctly selecting and brief comments on your chosen companies and competitors with the largest dividend yield.
Total 30 Marks
Word limit: 300 words
The 300-word limit excludes your reference list
Type of service: Academic Paper writing
Type of assignment: Coursework
Number of sources: 4
Academic level: Junior (college 3rd year)
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: UK English