Ethical Principles: Film Review Paper
The practice of professional nursing challenges nurses to navigate ethical dilemmas in practice as they advocate for effective, ethical health care. Ethical principles provide guidance for the nurse charged with making ethical decisions while caring for their patients. As stewards of ethical practice, nurses are responsible to uphold the professional standards outlined in the Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretative Statements ‘The Code’ (American Nurses Association, 2015). The ability of the nurse to identify and analyze ethical dilemmas is a critical professional competency. The opportunity to demonstrate an understanding of the four classic ethical principles: autonomy, beneficence, non-maleficence, and justice assists the nurse to meet ethical obligations of care.
American Nurses Association (2015) Code of ethics for nurses with interpretative statements. Silver Spring, MD: Fowler.
After viewing the selected film from the list of films provided by the instructor, develop a scholarly paper that includes the following:
- Provide a brief introduction of the selected film that includes a title, year released, genre, and main theme.
- Provide a one paragraph summary of the selected film.
- Identify and discuss the ethical issue(s) identified in the film.
- Define each of the four ethical principles: autonomy, non-maleficence, beneficence, and justice.
a. Provide examples from the film that relate to each relevant principle.
b. Note: If the film does not address one of the principles acknowledge the omission in the paper.
- Compare the film’s portrayal of the issue to current legal and ethical issues in the practice of professional nursing.
- Evaluate the impact of the ethical issue(s) portrayed in the film on the nursing profession.
- The scholarly paper should be 4-5 pages excluding the title and reference page.
- Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
- Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
- Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify I, we, you, me, and our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used. The exception to this rule is if/when you do the reflective piece as it relates to your position (values) at the end.
- Include a minimum of (4) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
- APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
- Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed changes.
- Submit the assignment by the posted due date.
Type Of Service: Academic paper writing
Type of Assignment: Research paper
Pages / word: 5/1375
Number of sources: 10
Academic Level: Sophomore(College 2nd year)
Paper format: APA
Line Spacing: Double
Language style: US English