Data Review Project Report and Presentation
Write a data review project report and record a client presentation. There are no page or slide limits for this assessment.
Note: Each assessment of your capstone project is built on the work you have completed in previous assessments. Therefore, you must complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
Health care leaders are responsible for identifying relevant problems, analyzing data, drawing sound conclusions, and making recommendations for resolution of the problem in the workplace. The data review project that you will be completing in this assessment has provided you with the opportunity to practice the skills of a health care leader in a professional, real-world setting.
In this assessment, you will write your final report and develop a presentation suitable for executive leaders.
Interpreting Performance Data and Trends
This article provides a step-by-step guide to analyzing performance data, comparing it to best practices and benchmarks, and translating it into recommendations for solutions and improvement strategies.
• Morrissey, W. W., Pryor, R. W., & Krishnaswamy, A. (2016, November 17). Using data and analytics to improve clinical and financial performance. Retrieved from https://api.hfma.org/Leadership/Archives/2016/Fall/Using_Data_and_Analytics_to_Improve_Clinical_and_Financial_Performance/
This article promotes the use of clinical dashboards to manage information related to health outcomes.
• Byrnes, J. (2015). Measure quality to create value. Healthcare Financial Management, 69(3), 100–101.
Performance Measurement and Organizational Strategy
This article describes how a health care organization revamped their performance measurement system.
• Conger, M., Knuth, M., & McDonald, J. (2014). Creating a culture for value measurement. Healthcare Financial Management, 68(8), 54–60, 62.
This article recommends six steps that organizations should take when initiating performance improvement programs.
• Brown, B., & Falk, L. H. (2014). Embarking on performance improvement. Healthcare Financial Management, 68(6), 98–103.
This article provides a brief look at the issue of patient safety culture and at some of the questions associated with culture change.
• Trbovich, P. L., & Griffin, M. (2016). Measuring and improving patient safety culture: Still a long way to go. BMJ Quality and Safety, 25(3), 209–211.
This article identifies top quality management practices and key factors in successful implementation.
• Yeh, T.-M, & Lai, H.-P. (2015). Evaluating the effectiveness of implementing quality management practices in the medical industry. The Journal of Nutrition, Health & Aging, 19(1), 102–112.
This site contains information on evidence-based care.
• Institute for Healthcare Improvement. (n.d.). Evidence-based care bundles. Retrieved from http://www.ihi.org/Topics/Bundles/Pages/default.aspx
This article contends that successful expansion of the Baldridge model would improve health care quality and satisfaction among providers.
• Griffith, J. R. (2017). An organizational model for excellence in healthcare delivery: Evidence from winners of the Baldrige Quality award. Journal of Healthcare Management, 62(5), 328–341.
This article examines the efficacy of change agency in improving evidence-based health care.
• McCormack, B., Rycroft-Malone, J., DeCorby, K., Hutchinson, A. M., Bucknall, T., Kent, B., . . . Wilson. V. (2013). A realist review of interventions and strategies to promote evidence-informed healthcare: A focus on change agency. Implementation Science, 8(1), 1–12.
This article addresses the issues of value and determining the need to develop quality indicators.
• Stelfox, H. T., & Straus, S. E. (2013). Measuring quality of care: Considering conceptual approaches to quality indicator development. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 66(12), 1320–1327.
• Using Kaltura.
• PowerPoint Presentations.
• Lortie, C. J. (2017). Ten simple rules for short and swift presentations. PLoS Computational Biology, 13(3), 1–6.
• Moulton, S. T., Türkay, S., & Kosslyn, S. M. (2017). Does a presentation’s medium affect its message? PowerPoint, Prezi, and oral presentations. PLoS One, 12(7), 1–39.
These Capella resources will help to build your understanding of APA style.
• APA Module.
• APA Style and Format.
This resource discusses academic writing, the appropriate use of APA style, and how to avoid plagiarism and provide appropriate credit to your sources.
• Academic Honesty & APA Style and Formatting.
Type of service: Academic Paper Writing
Type of assignment: Capstone Project
Subject: Healthcare& Medicine
Number of Sources: 6
Academic level: Masters
Paper Format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English