Read the following scenario and decide how you would handle the conflict using the different styles. Respond to the analysis questions provided. Submit your responses in the course room by the due date.
Read the following scenario:
You are seventeen and the only person in a group of friends who has a car. A concert that you and your friends would like to attend is scheduled in the nearest city. Since you are the only one with a consistent means of transportation, you are often the person who drives your friends when they want to do something. Your friends rarely offer to give you gas money. Your friends have decided you should be the person to stand in line to get concert tickets for all of them. You assume that your friends will reimburse you for the price of the tickets. You purchase the tickets, and between the time the arrangements are made and the night of the concert, one member of the group decides not to attend. The person who has canceled hasn’t paid you for his ticket and doesn’t mention doing so when he cancels.how you would handle the conflict if your conflict style were:
● Which conflict style appears to be the most effective way of solving the problem? Be sure to explain and support your decision.
● Explain why a solution to the problem might be found but yet the conflict over the problem might still exist.
● If you were really in this situation, which conflict style would you most likely use?
● View the “Mean Girls (Links to an external site.)” video clip.
● What is Ms. Norbury’s purpose with the two exercises she does where the girls close their eyes? How does it enhance the communication climate and empathy level among the girls?
● Ms. Norbury says, “You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores.” Do you agree with her assessment? Discuss in terms of course concepts.
● What style(s) of conflict management does Ms. Norbury use? Is the approach effective in this situation? Discuss how well this approach would (or wouldn’t) work in other conflict situations.
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of Assignment: Coursework
Subject: Communication Strategies
Number of sources: 0
Academic level: Freshman(college 1st year)
Paper format: MLA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English