Assessment – Essay CBT and DBT:
Assessment type: Essay
Word limit/length: Essay-1800 words (NO MORE!!!) Reference List-500 words (NO MORE!!!)
Weighting: 30% of total grade
Reference style: APA 7th Edition
Marking Rubric: Please adhere strictly to the Marking Rubric and address all that is in it for a High Distinction.
Arguably all effective therapies share common factors which contribute to positive outcomes, but to date no single specific factor has been found to be causally related to recovery processes in psychotherapy (Cuijpers et al., 2019).
This assignment urges you to consider factors common to all or at least related therapies and therapy specific factors that might account for positive outcomes.
Cuijpers, P., Reijnders, M., & Huibers, M. J. H. (2019). The Role of Common Factors in Psychotherapy Outcomes. Annual Review of Clinical Psychology, 15(1), 207-231. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-clinpsy-050718-095424
• critically analyse and evaluate key models of contemporary psychotherapeutic intervention
• compare and contrast key models of contemporary psychotherapeutic intervention
In a brief essay address the following questions:
What are the critical ingredients of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)?
What do they have in common and what are the clear-cut differences?
What is unique to each approach, and does it matter? Why and in what way(s)?
Assessment: Marking Rubric – Essay
Criteria for High Distinction:
Description of interventions (40%)
• A thorough and detailed description of both interventions is provided, demonstrating a clear understanding of the key principles of both CBT and DBT
Comparison of interventions (40%)
• Provides a comprehensive comparison and contrast of the underlying principles of CBT and DBT, demonstrating key similarities and differences between the therapeutic approaches
Writing (10%) *
• Report contains excellent academic writing style. It is very well organised and consistent. Contains very limited spelling and grammar errors.
APA 7th Edition (10%) *
• APA 7th Edition style is employed consistently. There are no errors or omissions of any kind in either the in-text citations or the reference list. Referencing is perfect.
- Whilst adhering to excellent academic writing style, and employing perfect use of APA 7th Edition, please observe that apart from an introduction and a conclusion, the rest of the wording should be split 50% for Description of interventions, and 50% for Comparison of interventions. *
Type of service: Academic Paper Writing
Type of assignment: Essay
Number of Sources: 6
Academic level: Master’s
Paper Format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: AU English