Task description: 1. For this essay you are required to select ONE (1) case option:
• Option 1: adolescent case or
• Option 2: adult case.
Outlines for case options are available on the Blackboard site under
Assessment 2 tab.
Carefully review your chosen case and apply your knowledge of
evidence-based nursing practice to plan person-centred care.
Using the clinical reasoning cycle as a framework, you are required to
assess, plan and evaluate your care for the chosen case during the
episode of care.
- From the chosen case identify and discuss TWO (2) current
problems which are directly impacting on the patients’ health.
- For each current problem, identify and discuss TWO (2)
interventions (collaborative or independent).
Note: One (1) intervention in the essay must be entirely nursing
led and initiated. When discussing collaborative interventions,
you must focus on the role of the nurse in that intervention.
- Discuss how you would evaluate the effectiveness for each
- Support and justify the essay using peer reviewed, current and
relevant evidence from valid reference sources.
What you need to do: The 1800 word essay should include the points below:
Introduction (approximately 100 words):
• Give an overview of the chosen case’s condition and identify
your TWO (2) current problems.
Body (approximately 800 words for each problem):
• Establish how the assessment data led you to identify your TWO
(2) current problems. In doing so you must demonstrate your
understanding of the relevant pathophysiology that explains the
link between each chosen problem and the case’s relevant
assessment data. Support /justify the current problems using
peer reviewed, current and relevant evidence (a minimum of 4
valid, contemporary references from 2014 onwards for each
• For each problem identify TWO (2) interventions aimed at
resolving the problem.
• Justify the interventions you will implement (explain what is
involved in implementing the intervention, why it is suitable, any
special considerations relevant to the case or situation) and
support /justify using peer reviewed, current and relevant
evidence (a minimum of 4 valid, contemporary references from
2014 onwards for each intervention).
NSB 231 Integrated Nursing Practice 2 – ON Campus
NSB231 – Assessment Task 2 Page 3 of 10
• Outline the expected evaluation criteria/data and discuss how
you would determine that each intervention is improving or
resolving the identified problem. Support /justify using peer
reviewed, current and relevant evidence (valid, contemporary
references from 2014 onwards).
Conclusion (approximately 100 words):
• Briefly restate the overall case and how your interventions
can improve the patient’s current problems and benefit health.
The following points must also be addressed in your work:
- You need to discuss at least ONE (1) independent nurse
initiated intervention in your essay.
- For any collaborative interventions you must discuss the
nursing responsibilities and actions in relation to this
- Prescribed therapies cannot be both of your chosen
collaborative interventions for a problem. If a prescribed
therapy is ONE (1) of your collaborative interventions, you
must consider and discuss the relevant nursing
responsibilities associated with the therapy i.e. action, dose,
side effects (prevention and management of administration
requirements and evaluation of effect).
Note: Intravenous fluids and oxygen are both considered
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Case study
Number of sources: 1
Academic level: Sophomore (college 2nd year)
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: AU English