Please read this assessment brief in its entirety before starting work on the Assessment Task.
The Assessment Task
Purpose of the Assessment
For this assignment you are required to maintain a portfolio of evidence ( this portfolio does not have a word count or limitation ) and write a 2,400 reflection which documents your efforts in pursuing your chosen career. The portfolio of evidence can be evidenced as appendices.
1. The Portfolio can include:
2. A skills audit which shows a comparison of skills and experience in relation to professional/employer requirements.
• An on line professional identity to communicate achievements, experience and skills development (screen shots, links etc. This may include links to your own website if relevant)
• A Personal Career Action Plan for implementation over approx. 2 years career development
• Reflective log of lecture/seminar /workshop sessions using Gibbs or J, Moon as a reflective framework
• Mock Interviews or other interviews with feedback
• CV alterations / improvements. To include evidence of development
• Feedback on performance from a range of sources including recruiters, academic staff and/or employers. This could include feedback from tutors, assignments, emails from employers
• Elevator Pitch uploaded to NILE as part of the portfolio
• Networking events that you have attended virtually or in person
• Anything else you feel is appropriate to your analysis in relation to chosen career path. Perhaps voluntary work or part-time work experience.
3. The reflection should specifically address the following three areas:
• Critically evaluate your current level of personal performance in relation to relevant professional skills and behaviours
What are the requirements for working in your chosen career? What are the professional standards? What are the behaviours required? Do you have the appropriate skills and competencies which are required? Can you map your own skills against the requirements of your chosen profession?
• Analyse and review your own on line professional identity and your elevator pitch to communicate achievements, experience and skills development – with examples/links to your own (this does not have to be live).
With reference to your evidence within the portfolio discuss on line identity (show the link to your own on-line presence). Consider to what extent is it important to have a professional on line presence and its relevance to your chosen career.?
• Evaluate your Personal Career Action Plan for implementation over approx. 2 years
With reference to your evidence within the portfolio discuss the importance of Career Action Plan. To what extent is Career Development Planning important? What have you included in your Action Plan and why?
On successful completion of this assessment, you will be able to:
b) Evaluate the importance of continuous professional development in order to develop an action plan for future employability.
c) Critically reflect on and evaluate current level of personal performance in relation to relevant professional bodies/codes of practice.
Employability & Changemaker Skills
d) Identify and apply a reflective model to evaluate own employability skills and capabilities in order to develop a personal development plan.
e)Connect with other members of relevant online and physical professional networks.
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Essay
Number of sources: 10
Academic level: Bachelor
Paper format: Harvard
Line spacing: Double
Language style:UK English