Purpose: The purpose of this project is to reflect on, analyze and apply tort law, product liability law, agency and contract law, and their potential risks and liabilities in a business. The project requires you to identify and analyze legal issues and to make recommendations.
You will also develop skills in critical thinking to create an in-depth comprehensive analysis.
The project relates to the concepts covered in weeks 1-7. You should refer to assigned materials in earlier weeks of the course, including Instructor Notes.
This project relates to the following course outcomes:
• recommend appropriate actions in the business environment based on an understanding of sources of law, substantive legal concepts, legal process and procedure, and available remedies
• analyze contractual rights, obligations, liabilities, and remedies in the business environment
• analyze tort rights, obligations, liabilities, and remedies in the business environment
Background: The Clean-N-Shine (“Clean”) owners are meeting with TLG in final consultations before Clean opens business operations. The purpose of these final meetings is to identify the:
• areas of business law presenting the greatest potential risk and liabilities for Clean; and
• areas of business operations vulnerable to potential risks and liabilities for which Clean should seek legal counsel.
Winnie and Ralph have asked you to provide a report that presents your reflections and recommendations based on your research and analysis during the past seven weeks of TLG’s consultation with the Clean owners.
The report will have two (2) parts.
Part I. Risks and Liabilities
A. Analyze and discuss two (2) areas of business law that present the greatest potential risks and liabilities for the Clean business, from among these areas:
• Negligence related to any business operations
• Negligence related specifically to premises liability
• Strict product liability related to the use of EPI products for Clean services
• Strict product liability related specifically to the resale of EPI products
• Contracts with employees
• Contracts for the sale of goods with clients
• Agency law and contracts with any Clean agents
For EACH of the two (2) areas of the law selected from the above list, you must:
(1). Provide a background explanation of the area of law, e.g., negligence, contracts for the sale of goods, etc. (be detailed and specific so any reader can understand the meaning of the specific area of law)
(2). Analyze and explain the specific potential risks and liabilities presented by the area of law and why and how each area of law creates vulnerability for Clean
(3). Provide a specific example of why and how the potential risks and liabilities could arise for each area of law for the Clean business
Minimum of 3 paragraphs for EACH of the two areas of risks and liabilities you choose to discuss (total of 6 paragraphs, minimum)
Citations required : Remember to use in-text citations in the narrative for all reference works and full citations on a separate Resources page.
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Coursework
Number of sources: 6
Academic level: Junior(college 3rd year)
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English