Background Facts You Need To Know: The Clean-N-Shine (“Clean’) owners recognize the importance of effective recruitment and hiring. They feel competent about recruiting and hiring new Clean management but want to hire an expert to recruit and hire employees to develop and manage their website, internal computer systems, and IT support.
They agree to hire a recognized expert in this area, George Tacy, to act as Clean’s agent in hiring website/computer/IT employees. The owners want to give full authority to Tacy to direct every aspect of recruitment and hiring of these employees, from the initial recruitment of applicants to the final hiring process.
Clean owners want to ensure that their agreement with Tacy will be valid and include all important terms. They have requested a meeting with TLG to discuss agency agreements.
You and Winnie and Ralph are discussing Clean’s plan to hire George Tacy as an agent for recruitment and hiring computer/IT employees. You all recognize the importance of having a clearly defined agency agreement, and there are different types of agents.
1. Analyze and recommend whether Tacy should be an employee of Clean or an independent contractor? Explain why.
- Principal v. Agent in Agency Relationships
- Types of agency relationships
- Agents’ duties and rights
- Principal’s duties agents and rights
- Agency authority
Assigned Materials to Read/Watch:
Instructor Notes (see link below Overview)
Week 7 Introduction (see link below Overview)
Saylor: Law for Entrepreneurs e-textbook:
- Chapter 20 – Relationships Between Principal and Agent
- Chapter 21 – Liability of Principal and Agent; Termination of Agency
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Coursework
Number of sources: 4
Academic level: Junior (college 3rd YEAR)
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English