Upon completion of this Assignment, students will be able to learn the highlighted.
- Identify basic theoretical issues related to second language acquisition and bilingualism in childhood
within a social and cultural context that inhibits or supports multilingual abilities. Recognize the
social, emotional, and cognitive benefits of bilingualism.
- Collect or select a speech sample; transcribe, code and analyze a speech sample produced by children
learning English as a second language or two languages simultaneously in childhood. Students in this
course will apply the concepts of this course to one child’s speech.
- Describe the stages of learning a second language or two languages in childhood and differentiate
between the psychological, socio-cultural and linguistic factors that influence such learning.
- Assess the degree of second language learning and be introduced to concepts related to language
delays in bilingual children.
- Utilize effective APA writing and oral presentation skills to present findings of research case study on
one child acquiring a second language.
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of Assignment: Essay
Number of sources: 2
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English