Guidelines and Template
The Final Year Dissertation / Project Report is a major work that students are required to undertake in order to complete their degree. This will be the largest piece of work that a student is expected to produce as an undergraduate. The outcome will not only be the production of a sizeable piece of work to add to their portfolio, but will also guide the student towards achieving greater self-direction, autonomy and personal satisfaction.
The aims of this exercise are to extend the students in a particular field of interest related to their studies, to develop critical faculties and to produce training in research methods. The project should provide the students with the opportunity to bring together the academic knowledge and skills acquired from the previous study.
Through the project, the students are expected to:
• Demonstrate depth of understanding of a broad range of skills and knowledge.
• Explore an idea, problem or area of study that is of special interest to them.
• Gain an insight into the complexities of real-world problems.
• Develop new skills.
• Demonstrate independent learning and self-management.
Dissertation Report Specification
The Dissertation must be compiled in the following way:
• Length: 10,000 to 11,000 words long (excluding References and Appendices).
• Line spacing: 1.5 lines.
• Font type: Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, or Times New Roman.
• Font size: 11.
• Text Alignment: Justified.
• Page Margins: top 2.5 cm, bottom 2 cm, left 2.5 cm and right 2 cm.
• 1 empty line must be left between paragraphs
• Each chapter must start on a new page.
• Use page numbers with the font size set to 10.
• Name the file as: StudentID-Surname-Firstname-Dissertation
• Upload the Dissertation Report on Moodle (Turnitin submission)
Type of service: Dissertation Services
Type of assignment: Dissertation Chapter -Literature review
Subject: IT & Technology
Number of Sources: 0
Academic level: Bachelor’s
Paper Format: Harvard
Line spacing: Double
Language style: UK English